Effective January 1, 2021
We take your privacy and the security of your data seriously and take reasonable measures to protect information about you from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Information We Collect
We collect the following types of information from you and about your use of the Services:
Your email address and an optional phone number. Your email address will be used to contact you regarding your account, send you verification information or notifications about activity on the Services and update you about new features and news related to Arkad’s Lesson. Your phone number, if provided, may be used to contact you regarding your account or send you verification information or SMS notifications about activity on the Services.
Information that may allow us to detect unauthorized use of your account or detect malicious uses of the Services, including your IP address, user agent string, and the date and time of each login request.
We collect non-identifiable information about how users interact with the Services, the pages they view, the types of devices and software they use and the geographic areas we serve. This information is not tied to user accounts and may contain an anonymized version of your IP address and the addresses of web sites and pages that referred you. You can opt-out by setting your browser to send Do Not Track requests.
The Services allow you to subscribe to products and groups. We use this information to determine which content may appear upon login relevant to your interests.
User Submitted Content
We collect information and content you choose to post through the Services, including posts, comments, messages, photos, videos, links and other content.
The preferences, such as privacy settings, you select through the Services.
Information related to any payment you make related to the Services, which may include contact, billing, and sales information. Your credit card or debit card information including number, expiry, security code and zip code payment verification information is processed by our third-party merchant services vendor and does not pass through, get collected by, stored on, or processed by Arkad’s Lesson or its website host. When you make a payment related to the Services, your payment is processed by Braintree, A PayPal service, (“Braintree”), which collects certain data necessary to process and verify your transactions. You can learn more about the information Braintree collects by visiting https://www.braintreepayments.com/legal/braintree-privacy-policy.
Display Names And Usernames
Your username or display name is the name you will go by on the Services. It can be your real name or a nickname and it must be unique in our Services.
Server And Device Logs
In order to maintain the security of the Services, we maintain server and device logs which contain transactional and error related information. These may contain information about you and your devices, such as your IP address.
We Use Your Information To:
- operate and provide the Services to you;
- create your account and profile;
- make information you choose to publish available to you and others through the Services;
- safeguard your information and our systems;
- provide you with technical and customer support;
- send you transactional email messages, such as password reset information, verification codes and links, notifications about activity on the platform, technical notices, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- send you marketing related emails, unless you opt-out, about new features, promotions, offers and additional services we offer;
- personalize the Services, by showing you content, including advertisements (where offered), that you are more likely to find relevant;
- generate reports and statistics, monitor and analyze trends and better understand how the Services are used;
- improve the Services.
How we Share Your Information
- with your consent;
- to other users of the Services, based on the privacy settings you choose and the functionality of the Services;
- to a successor entity, in connection with any merger or acquisition of Arkad’s Lesson;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary to meet our legal obligations or protect you or another natural person from harm;
- to any officer, employee, independent contractor, advisor, consultant, investor or other party that has a legitimate business need to access your information related to helping us operate or improve the Services;
- to third-parties that help us process payments and/or provide computing, storage, backup, content delivery and acceleration, and network and security infrastructure and services.
Disclosure in Response to Public Requests
Arkad’s Lesson may be required to disclose personal information in response to a lawful request by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Arkad’s Lesson only processes data where we have a lawful basis, which means when:
- you have given consent;
- processing is necessary to provide to you our Services;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation;
- processing is necessary to protect the life or other vital interests of you or another natural person;
- processing is necessary for the legitimate business interests of Arkad’s Lesson.
You have many choices concerning your data and use of the Services.
Most web browsers and devices accept cookies by default. you can set your web browser to remove or reject cookies, but doing so may prevent the Services from working properly. If you access the Services and choose to allow cookies in your web browser settings, then you consent to the creation of cookies on your device.
Do Not Track
Many web browsers have a feature that can be enabled to alerts websites if a user does not wish to be tracked. you can opt-out of the collection of non-identifiable analytics information. we may still collect usage information necessary to provide the Services, such as when you last checked your messages.
You may opt-out of receiving non-transactional messages, such as marketing emails. Doing so will not affect your ability to receive transactional messages.
The Services has numerous privacy options that affect where your information and content appears on the Services and who has access to it.
Removing the message history from a conversation will affect the other users in the conversation. Once removed, messages may continue to exist in backups and other company records.
Corrections to Personal Data
You have the right to rectification of inaccurate or incomplete personal data. You can update most of your personal data through the Services. If you need additional changes, please contact us.
Rights Provided by Law
Arkad’s Lesson will respond to requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. Depending on your location, you may have the following additional rights by law:
- to request a copy of your personal data in a commonly used, machine-readable and portable format;
- to limit the processing of your data or revoke consent to process data;
- to request the erasure of your personal information;
- to notification of any rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing carried out in accordance with your request;
- to withdraw consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal;
- to lodge a complaint with a local data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information.
Data Transfers for Non-US users
Arkad’s Lesson’s servers and operations are located within the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, you understand and agree that your information and content will be transferred to, stored and processed within the United States and possibly other countries, where under local laws you may have fewer legal rights.
Arkad’s Lesson is not targeted toward children and does not knowingly collect personal data from anyone under the age of 16. If you have reason to believe that a person under that age of 16 has provided personal data to Arkad’s Lesson through the Services, please contact us at email@example.com so that we can remove their information.
Last Updated: 12/31/2020